5.17.2012

selah



In the secret of His presence, how my soul delights to hide.
Oh, how precious are the lessons which I learn at Jesus' side.
Earthly cares can never vex me, neither trials lay me low;
For when Satan comes to tempt me, to the secret place I go.

When my soul is faint and thirsty, underneath the shadow of His wing
There is cool and pleasant shelter, and a fresh and crystal spring.
And my Saviour rests beside me, as we hold communion sweet
If I tried I could not utter what He says when thus we meet.

Only this I know: I tell Him all my doubts, my griefs and fears;
Oh, how patiently He listens and my drooping soul he cheers.
Do you think He never reproves me? What a false friend he would be
If He never, never told me of the sins which He must see.

Would you like to know the sweetness of the secret of the Lord?
Go and hide beneath His shadow, this shall then be your reward.
And whenever you leave the silence of that happy meeting place,
You must mind and bear the image of the Master in your face.

No comments:

Post a Comment